Organizations in today's high-tech industry are constantly in a race to deliver. Efforts to build competency to enhance capability and skills are often lagged. At Research and Innovative Solutions, we are offering tutorials and training classes in our specialized areas. These topics range from frontier scientific research to motivational speech to technology innovative processes. With over 30 years of R&D experience in the industry, our founder has accumulated a great depth of knowledge and lessons learned. We strive to share our knowledge and experience to help you succeed. The following is a list of tutorials we are currently offering. We are happy to customize it for your specific needs.
- Structured Surfaces and Coatings. Characterization, Fabrication Methods, Potential Applications and Challenges (This is a 1-day short course designed for the NSTI Nanotech Conferences. It is available since 2013. This course has been offered in many corporate labs in US)
- Nanotechnology and Opportunities for Digital Printing (This is a 1-day short course designed for the IMI Inkjet Conference and Tradeshow, 2012 and 2014. A water-down version was offered at IS&T's NIP Conferences in 2014 and 2015)
- Surface Ink Interactions and Surface Characterization (The length of this course ranges from 2 to 8 hours. It has been offered at IMI Inkjet Conference and Tradeshow in 2014 and IS&T's NIP Conferences in 2014 and 2015)
- Superoleophobic Surfaces: Surface Properties, Potential Applications, Latitude Space, and Design for Robustness (This presentation provides a state-of-the-art overview of the design of superoleophobic surfaces. This is a 2-hour presentation.)
- Direct 3D Fabrication and Ink Printing (This was a 2 hour course first offer at IS&T's NIP Conference in Portland OR in 2015)
- Organic Photoconductors: Materials Classes, Synthesis, Properties and Potential Applications (This presentation is an update of the tutorial class our founder taught at the 1996 IS&T Non-Impact Printing Conference in San Antonio, TX, 1996. The slides have been updated appropriately. The original tutorial was a 4-hour class.)
- Nanotechnology: An Overview of Advances in Materials & Technologies and Social Impacts (This is a newly designed tutorial class intended to give an overview of the field of Nanotechnology. Specific materials and technologies include: carbon nanotube, graphene, nanoparticles and nanocomposites, bio-inspired micro, nanostructured surfaces and coatings, and nanowires. The class will end with an overview of the impact of Nanotechnology to our society. This class can be 1 or 2 days.)
- Fundamental of Contact Angle Measurements. What Do They All Mean? (This is a tutorial class to go through all the basic contact angle measurement techniques for surface characterization. Fundamental concept and the meaning of each measurement will be discussed. This is a 2 hour tutorial.)
Coming Up .....................
- A Chemist Tells All. Managing a Career in an Engineering and Manufacturing Environment for 30 Years!
- An Inventor Perspective of Patent Filing, Value, Portfolio and Strategy
- Photocopying, Laser Printing and Digital Production Color Printing
- Self-Cleaning Polymer Coatings
- Technology Innovation Through Create-Innovate-Implement-Deliver (CI2D)